I am running for my third term for Missoula City Council, Ward 3, and hope I have your support. I grew up in Ward 3 and have deep roots in Missoula.
Accomplishments while on Council:
From January 2022 to present, I have served as President of Council.
On Mayor Engen's passing on August 15, 2022, I served as Interim Mayor for four weeks.
I was elected Vice President of Council in January 2016 and served in that capacity until 2022. I serve on all committees, and over the years have Chaired:
* Committee of the Whole
* Buddget and Finance
* Administration and Finance
*Parks and Conservation
Additionally, I have served on:
* Community Forum, 2022 to present
* Homeless Working Group Liaison, 2022 to present
* Mayor's Downtown Advisory Committee, 2022 to present
* The Board of the Montana League of Cities And Towns, Director for District 8, 2022-present
* Mid Town Master Plan Committee, 2021- present
* Local Government Academy Liaison, 2019- present
* The Board of Missoula Aging Services as the City Council liaison, 2017-2020
* The University Committee on Fraternities and Sororities at the University of MT, 2018- present
* As one of two City Council liaisons on the Fox Triangle Working Group, 2016-2020
I have sponsored and passed several pieces of legislation:
* Vaping Legislation to prohibit flavored vape sales within city limits
* Registered Apprenticeship Bidding Preference for Public Works Investment Projects
* Revised the Historic Preservation Demolition Ordinance
* University Neighborhood District Zoning Overlay
* I supported and helped to finalize the passage of the revision of 5th and 6th Street reconfigurations initiated by prior Councilor Taft.
* I facilitated communication and collaboration with St. Joseph School to ensure that the playground would remain open to the public.
* In addition to affordable housing, climate change and tax reform issues, I hope to continue to work on creating bike lanes on the Hip Strip, and improve parking in the RPPP located in the University District.
I hope I have your support!
Gwen Jones for City Council Ward 3
Paid for by Gwen Jones for City Council, P.O. Box 131, Missoula, MT, 59806, Bryan von Lossbserg,Treasurer.