- Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
- Bachelor of Arts awarded in 1987– majors in Political Science and French
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, CO
- Juris Doctor awarded in 1992
- Member of California State Bar since 1993
- Member of Montana State Bar since 2011
- Legal Assistant, Cooper White & Cooper, San Francisco, CA 1988-1989
- Law Offices of Kosmo, Cho &Brown, then Cho & Brown, Ventura CA 1993-2000
- Law Offices of Andrew T. Koenig, 2009 to present
- City Council Representative for Ward 3, City of Missoula, January 2016 to present
- Volunteers in Parole: Volunteered as a mentor for a minor teen incarcerated in Ventura, California, late 1990s.
- University Congregational Children’s Center, Missoula, MT – Co-chair of Board for co-op preschool, 2006-2008.
- Extensive volunteering with Paxson Elementary School and Washington Middle School, Missoula, Montana:
- One of three co-chairs responsible for majority of fundraising effort to finance Paxson playground, installed in 2009.
- Administrator for Paxson School’s Artist in Residence program, spring of 2011, 2012, 2014; wrote grants for funding, interviewed and hired artists, obtained art supplies and administrated program, as well as culminating art show.
- Chair of Washington Middle School Telephone Directory from 2010 to 2015; raise money for PTA through advertisements, format and produce Directory provided to all students and families.
- Extensive in-class volunteering in elementary school.
- Fellowship in the Women’s Empowerment Program of the U.S. State Department, run by the Mansfield Center, University of Montana, in January 2013. Hosted a Cambodian educator in Missoula, showing her American schools and how our system functions, then spent three weeks in Cambodia learning about the Cambodian educational system and giving presentations.
- Vice President of Missoula Lacrosse Club, 2013 to 2015. duties included administrating youth lacrosse in Missoula for approximately 130 children, ages 7 to 14, running tournaments, setting up all infrastructure necessary for a successful sports club.
- Rose Park Neighborhood Council Leadership Team 2013 to present. Meet with Neighborhood Council members to discuss local issues, help with neighborhood volunteer efforts, and connect community members.
- Merit Badge Counselor for Boy Scout Troop 1911, 2014 to 2018; Troop 1919 from 2019 to present. Teach merit badges consisting of Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, and Citizenship in the World.
- Serve on the Board of Missoula Aging Services as the City Council liaison since 2017
- Serve on the University Committee on Fraternities and Sororities at the University of Montana as City Council liaison since 2017
- I enjoy spending time with my family. By the fall of 2019 my son Chase will be a senior at the University of Iowa, my daughter Kate will be a sophomore at the University of Michigan, and my son Rex will be a junior at Hellgate High School. My husband, Andy, is a native Californian who has embraced Montana. As our kids head off to college and we are close to being empty nesters, my husband and I now find the time to walk more and explore our beautiful city. Hiking the adjacent open spaces is a favorite, with the Barmeyer property at the top of the list. Less kids at home also means I now have the time to be in a book club, which has been so much fun. But in general, City Council and my work take much of my time, and putting two kids through college currently means just enjoying the simple pleasures all around us.
- Paid for by Gwen Jones for City Council, P.O. Box 1762, Missoula, MT 59806, Lori Webster,Treasurer.